The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Friday, September 14, 2012

T Gear

I went to the hospital this afternoon around two, and Matthew was so alert. He wasn't dozing in and out of consciousness at all. It was nice to see him awake! He got sick a few times today though. The nurse gave him medicine for his nausea right before we were going to take him on a walk down to the pharmacy and then to the balcony on the third floor for some fresh air. He said it might make T drowsy, but he wanted to go on a walk anyways. So we wheeled him down, and as the pharmacist was telling my mom about his new cocktail of drugs, Matthew fell asleep in his wheelchair so we had to take him  back up and put him in bed. That was kind of disappointing because I wanted to start watching our show with him again today. We watch The Walking Dead together and I just bought him the next season we've been waiting for to come out on DVD. The one day that he was awake enough to hang out with, and the nurse has to go and knock him out again.
T got a letter from one of Chad's best friends, TJ Searle, today and he loved that. It was a really cool letter. I ordered some wristbands last week and they came in today. On one side they say "FIGHT 4 MATTHEW" and on the other side they say "CANCER SUCKS". I don't like that they say '4 Matthew' instead of 'for Matthew', but I wanted the Batman font and the two extra characters it took to spell out the word 'for' wouldn't fit on the band. Too bad. I'm selling them for $5, so if anyone wants some "T Gear" you can email me at the email on the top page of the blog. I think his volleyball team is going to sell some at the Gilbert/Xavier game next week as well, and I think Angela Webb was going to take some to school to sell with some of his friends.
Matthew had to take some pills today, but he told the nurse that he really didn't want to. He made him take them anyways, and shortly after he swallowed them he got nauseous and threw up...they came up in the same exact condition that they went down. haha If he doesn't want to do something, then he won't do it!
I get to spend the night at the hospital tonight so my parents can have a break, and we're going to have so much fun! He's awake again right now, so tonight should be really good. I hope we don't cause too much trouble...

T Gear:

Karolyn and Beth freezing in Matthew's ice box of a room:

And being super cute:
*Photographed by Mike Peters*

Matthew's first full meal...Fettuccine alfredo:

No comments:

Post a Comment