The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Night Patrol

Matthew had a great night to follow his great day. The nurses thought they might have to put him on his oxygen machine through the night because he gets so relaxed when he sleeps and might forget to breath, but he didn't need it.
Things keep looking good today. He can sit up in a chair, he got his IV taken out, he's eating more. He's lost about 25 pounds since he's been in the hospital, and if he loses 4-5 more pounds the doctors will put a feeding tube in him. So today my mom has been feeding him high calorie shakes and milk to try to put some weight on him. He doesn't like to eat, but when my mom asks him if he wants to eat or get a feeding tube he'll let her feed him.
We're getting the house all ready for him to come home, hoping that he can this weekend. Everyone who lives here has to get a flu shot because of T's immune system. So that means my boyfriend, Sakeri, will have to get one too. haha He won't be happy about that. The house is clean and we took his dog to the groomer today. My mom dropped her off at Aardbark Grooming, and when I picked her up the woman, who I assume was the owner, gave me an envelope with the money mom had paid her plus a few extra dollars. I guess she found out that Matthew is sick and we were grooming his dog for him, so she wanted to do something nice for him. She was so nice and so concerned about a boy she has never met. It was cool talking to her. Every day I am proven how much God loves us by the people he has put into our lives.
I really hope all of this good news and progress will mean that Matthew can come home this weekend. I don't like coming home to an empty house every day, and I miss having everyone around. I also miss watching how resourceful Matthew is at avoiding my mom's night patrol every night. When it's time for bed, my mom makes Matthew shower and go to sleep. She likes him in bed around ten because he has to wake up for A hour every morning, but he always wants to stay up and hang out with me or watch whatever I'm watching. So he'll camp out in his room until he hears her go to bed and then come out to the living room. If she comes out he'll hide somewhere and sometimes she doesn't catch him, but if she does he always has the lamest excuses ready for her. They never work, but he never gets in trouble because she thinks he is so cute. I can't wait until he is back to his normal mischievous self.

T looks awesome! He is looking healthy again and his beard is coming in great. What more can we ask for?


Pictures of his beard taken by my dad while he was sleeping this morning. A full beard was his goal to reach before leaving the hospital:



Sophie is all gussied up for her boy!


5 comments:

  1. So good to see you sitting up and dressed Matthew. When you get to be home, I am sure the home cooked meals will be so much more appetizing. Hang tough. Your dog looks beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is rockin' that beard. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matthew looks great! We are hoping everything works out so he can get home too! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenelle this blog is great! I love it so much! I remember when I was in town and mom would come into the livingroom and he was always up to something! He kept me laughing with his excuses and sense of humor. I was always wondering what the next thing that would come out of his mouth and it was always so funny or a really good question that would get us all talking! Matthew loooks like a grown man always looking good! Love you all!! Can wait to come see you all and back to causing trouble!!! xoxox (Matthew let me tell you CHICKS are going to be digging your scars)

    ReplyDelete