The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Dr. Mom and Dr. Dad

My mom and dad have been incredible already through this trial. It's obviously an extremely hard and emotional journey for them, but they are taking it like champs. Everything they have been doing for our entire family is amazing. Matthew needs someone with him constantly because he needs help with everything, so my parents are in the hospital all day and switch off spending the night with him. When they are in the hospital room, they are constantly working on him. They keep changing ice rags on his forehead to keep him cool, help him eat and drink, help him move, keep him clean, etc. By the end of the day they are exhausted, but even so they make sure that me and Hannah are okay. They call us every night before we go to bed just to talk to us and make sure we know that we are still being thought of and loved. One night my mom got home pretty late and was exhausted, but she still insisted on sitting up with me just to hang out. She asked me about my day and talked to me for a while, but as I was telling her stories she fell asleep on the couch. It definitely makes me feel loved because she was trying so hard to spend time with me. My dad will also hang out with me and Hannah when he is at the house, and he'll call me sometimes in the middle of the day just to fill me in on T or just to talk. They're still really good about writing to Chad and making sure he is taken care of in Spain. I can't believe how great they are at juggling all of us under all of this work and stress. I always knew that they were great parents and did everything and anything they can for us, but they've never been put to the test like this before. I love them so much for how involved and equal they are with us kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment