The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cancer Has Me

So Matthew is sticking diligently to his plan of sleeping through chemo therapy so his days are shorter. I try not to take a lot of pictures of him sleeping because he might get embarrassed, but...I couldn't resist this one! He is sleeping in his superhero uniform! I love it.

Props for his Batman Snuggie go out to our Aunt Brenda who lives in Utah. Brenda, he loves his Snuggie! He wears it everywhere. He wears it as a jacket to chemo at the clinic, to the hospital, in the shower...(just kidding about the shower) So thank you for his uniform to get suited up in on his way to fight cancer!

In the clinic yesterday, Matthew wanted to be pushed on his fluid cart thing, so we waited for all of the nurses to clear the hall. Then, mom pushed him. It was quite the adventure. Look at the look on his face! What a dork. And mom is so radiant!


These are the kinds of posts I love to do. I love writing about our silly moments because that means we are having them. You never really appreciate the little moments like this until you've experienced the other side of things. When Matthew was in the hospital unconscious and in pain, I would think about all of the dumb things we did together and it made me really...homesick...for how we were together before all of this. I don't know if that word choice makes sense, but that's the best one I can think of right now. I feel so blessed that he is being so strong through this, and that his doctors are so confident that he is going to beat this because I don't think I can handle that kind of a blow. I think the lessons I'm supposed to learn, and that my family is supposed to learn, are in the fight and not the loss. I also think that Matthew is meant to survive to help others and share his experience with people, both sick and healthy. I think my family shares my feelings as well. 


Of course it's not good that I have cancer. But perhaps you should ask cancer how it feels. It has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment