The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

6 Months Later

Hello to whoever is still reading this blog. After about a six month break I've decided to return and continue the story of my family. These past months since Matthew's passing have been really hard, and we're each coping in different ways. I haven't wanted to come back to this blog because I wasn't emotionally ready. I still don't think I am, but I just need to do it. There is still a lot to cover.

This Friday, the 22nd, at 10:00 PM Channel 15 will be airing an interview they did with my parents. They are doing a piece on the Gilbert Temple opening and wanted to ask us questions about our loss and how the temple plays a role in it. They asked us a lot about Matthew and how our faith gets us through it. The crew was at our house this last Monday night for like four hours getting everything they needed. I'm not exactly sure what they are going to include from that, but I'm sure it will be great!

If you're not able to watch the program but still want to know about what we believe in, what kept Matthew so strong through his cancer, and what gives us comfort as we deal with our loss, you can send me an email (tmanblogg@gmail.com) with your name and address and I will send you a Book of Mormon. My email is also found in the top right corner of this page. I know this book will answer any questions you have about yourself, life, grief, anger, death, etc. Anything you want to know can be found in its pages.

Anyways, stay tuned and I will try to update you with everything that has happened since May. That will include the funeral, his grave location, things others have done for us, how his friends are doing, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Our family lost our oldest son to cancer in 2007. It hurts even though I know the plan of salvation and that we will be reunited. He was 25, and I believed he would get well. My heart aches still, and it aches for your family now, as well.

    ReplyDelete