The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Valentine's Day

(This is a post that I wrote on Feb. 14th. I thought I posted it, but I guess it just saved as a draft)

Ok so Matthew has been doing great lately. He is done having his stem cells harvested, so that means no more lava shots! He was so happy the night he found out the doctors got what they needed. He is having another round of chemo therapy this week, but he is still eating normally and not getting sick. On his mirror in his bathroom, he has been tracking his weight ever since he got home from the hospital  in January. I went in there today to look at his progress, and when he first got home his weight was in the 120's. Today his weight is in the 140's! I'll get the exact numbers later.
Anyways, this morning he went in for chemo, and his lovely nurses had his room all decorated for Valentine's day today. They are so awesome! I know my mom was truly touched by their gesture.



T and Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment