The purpose of this blog is to keep family and friends updated with the most recent news on Matthew. It will also document his biggest trial to date and serve as a reminder of how many people love and support him, and how much the Lord loves him when he has beat this terrible disease.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

I'm Back....

Hello everyone! I'm sorry for the lag in updates...I know you missed me...but it's not every day that something blog worthy happens, and this week I had midterms. I'm sure you all are very concerned about how I did, but don't worry because I'm sure I got high grades. They were a piece of cake! But anyways, back to Matthew because that is who the world revolves around lately...

On Monday Matthew and Cameron went hat shopping, and Cameron bought Matthew a hat and Dairy Queen. They had a lot of fun at the mall and came home and played video games; something he does a lot of these days.


Later that day a guy named Armando came over to the house to talk to Matthew about his own battle with cancer that he just overcame. His story was special because he had the exact same cancer that T has. It was in the same place above his heart, but his treatment was slightly different because his tumor wasn't as advanced as T's. He was really chill and it was nice to hear a germ cell tumor success story.


On Wednesday T went to the doctor to see how the chemo is working, and his counts were at 4020. Even with the chemo that is supposed to bring his counts down to zero, his counts continue to go up. He has not gotten sick at all from chemo either. Sometimes he'll feel a little bit nauseous, but that goes away with a pill. He has been taking three pills a day to prevent bone pain, but then last Friday they took him down to two because he had absolutely no pain, and on Wednesday they took him down to one because there is still no pain. He's thrilled about that, not because he's painless, but because we all know how much he loves his pills...

The doctors also said that his alpha beta protein test (which is the protein that created the tumor) came back and its counts were in the 300s. In the hospital they were in the 2000s. We're not really sure what exactly that means yet though, if the tumor is shrinking or what, but he goes in on Tuesday or Wednesday for a CAT scan that will tell us more.

We really believe that everyone's prayers are working and that he will get through this, so please keep praying. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes I did miss you !! I looked on here multiple times a day and my hopes are alwys hight then they get shot down once the page was fully loaded! I love reading this its the best "book" I have ever read! because I can truly imagine what is truly going on cause I know you all personaly! love you and and so glad to hear T is doing good!!xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete